Our Mission Statement
The Miss Black USA Organization is an organization that empowers women to engage in their creative self worth of being a black women with a voice. The organization defines how African-American women defeat the stereotypical standards of beauty, size and ideals from that of which was once taught in a negative way. Miss Black USA celebrates women in all shades of brown, hair texture and vastness.
What We've Achieved
- Kennetra Searcy was crowned the first ever Ms. Black USA on December 3, 2016 in Washington, D.C .
- The first Kennetra Searcy Scholarship for Girls was established for High School Seniors nationwide, beginning with the Class of 2017
- Kennetra served as the Grand Marshall for the 2016 Freeport, Texas Martin Luther King Jr. Parade.
- Kennetra is featured in the Tennesseean Newspaper.
- Kennetra is featured in the Houstonian Magazine
- Kennetra is featured on Urban Outlook Channel 5 News
- Kennetra is featured as special guest on Debra Duncan Great Day Houston
- Kennetra becomes a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Kennetra serves on the Play Like A Girl Women's Equality Forum Discussion Panel
- Kennetra is featured on Channel 17 Fox Morning News
- Kennetra is appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for the Republic of Sierra Leone
- Kennetra makes celebrity appearance at the Antonio Brown Celebrity Basketball Game
- Kennetra supports Sick;e Cell Research and makes generous donation to Breaking the Sickle Cell Cycle Foundation.
- Mayor of Houston recognizes Ms. Black USA by establishing Kennetra Searcy Day on Dec. 3, 2017 in Houston, TX.